Reading Olympics is open to all interested FOURTH and FIFTH grade students at Indian Lane. All students considering this club should read the expectations below and decide if this club is a good fit for him/her.
- Read a minimum of 10 books from the Reading Olympics book list during the 2020-21 school year.
- Keep track of the books you read on your "Expert Book List" showing that you are an expert on these books.
- Complete "Reading Journal" entries with 12 factual questions and their answers and any other important information about the books you read.
- Attend meetings with Indian Lane teachers before school at 8:00 a.m. (usually about two meetings per month) for book discussions, journaling, organizing, and practicing for the competition.
- Work well with teammates and demonstrate good sportsmanship.
- Compete against teams from other schools around the county who have also read these books. Competition day is lots of fun!
If interested, complete the Reading Olympics Student Interest Survey by Friday, January 15, 2021.
Be sure to carefully review all of the expectations before signing up. Reading Olympics is a commitment because your team members are counting on you to do your part. Parents may email Mrs. Hatton with any questions about Reading Olympics.