Reading Olympics is a lot of fun, but also a lot of work. Parent and teacher support is extremely helpful with this club. The main purpose of Reading Olympics, of course, is to encourage a love of reading. Therefore, we try to make our meetings and the competition as fun and exciting as possible. There are a few ways that parents can help out:
- Read a few of the books with your child. Help with questions, discussions, and preparation at home.
- Send in questions for books that you have read for our team members to use during practice.
- Come in to help with the meetings.
- Ask your child about the books he/she is reading & about Reading Olympics. Keep them motivated!
- Let your child know how proud of them you are! This is a big commitment & their hard work should be rewarded at home and school.
- Support the team by making every effort to allow your child to attend the meetings.
- Review the books your child has read with him/her in the weeks leading up to the competition.
- Attend the competition. We promise you will have just as much fun as the kids!