The following is required for administration of medication at school:
- A copy of the medication order signed by the licensed practitioner and a Student Medication Authorization form signed by the parent must be completed and on file in the nurse's office.
- All prescription medication must be in a pharmacy container labeled properly with the student's name, medication name, dosage, frequency and time of administration. Non-prescription medication must be in its original packaging.
- If a parent is not able to obtain a practitioner's order, he or she may come in and administer the medication to their child.
- All medication orders must be renewed at the beginning of each academic year
- All unused medication that is not picked up by the last day of school will be discarded
- Acetaminophen (Tylenol) and Ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) are authorized by standing order from the school physician and can be administered with parent permission as indicated on the Emergency Health Form
Administration of Medication Policy #210
Student Medication Authorization Form